I have a thing about memberships for services; they have to start and renew on the first month. It is a practical reason I used it for decades. As the month or year comes to a close, I know something I pay for monthly or yearly will be renewing soon. If I want to make any changes, I must decide and act on them before the end of the month. Ideally, it’s the first of January for annual memberships (which is two weeks from now). I review the renewals now to see if I still use the product, and if it provides me with value for money.
One of these memberships is VSCO. This one is an easy decision, I use it, and I love it, and I cannot recommend it more. Sure, there is Instagram and many other apps that try to imitate it, but there is nothing like VSCO. It has been around for a long time and has a great community. What I like the most is the freedom from follower counts, comments, and ads.
Driven by a creator-first philosophy, VSCO supports the creative journey from start to finish, providing photographers with tools and the education, community, and connections required to unlock their potential. Some of the features which are well worth the membership fee include:
- 200+ VSCO Presets
- Unlock VSCO’s complete preset library, including vintage Film looks by Kodak, Agfa, and Ilford
- Advanced Photo Editing Tools
- Create images you love with exclusive tools like HSL and Borders
- Video Editing Tools
- Transform videos with VSCO preset and special video editing tools Montage
- Tell a video story and make a moving collage by layering videos, images, and shapes
- Weekly Photo Challenges
- Try something new with weekly photo challenges
- Bonus Content for Members
- Explore tips, tricks, and creative tutorials exclusive to your membership